Superbowl Sunday 2012, doesn’t mean you have to abandon your weight loss efforts!
Superbowl Sunday 2012, you don’t have to abandon your weight loss efforts! If your 2012 New Years resolution was to lose weight, remember, you are in control. Just because Superbowl Sunday only comes one times a year, you don’t have to abandon your weight loss efforts. It is all about making choices that are best for you. Before the big game have your own game plan in place. You do not have to “graze” all day.
The following are a few tips to help you have a successful Superbowl Sunday:
1. Before the big game have a healthy meal, including 4-6 ounces protein, this will help keep cravings down.
2. If the food seems to be calling your name, go ahead and allow yourself to eat. Don’t eat while feeling guilty or ashamed, make the choice to enjoy whatever you eat.
3. Make yourself a plate with just one serving of each item you want to eat.
4. Remember, the best bite is always the first bite, so just have one or two bites of whatever food you decide to eat.
5. Sight, Smell, & taste are also all a part of the experience. So look at your food and enjoy the colors, textures, etc. Then smell it before you put it in your mouth. Enjoy the aroma. Finally take a bite. Chew it 20-32 times before swallowing. Savoring the taste with every bite. This will do two things. One, you will get all the flavor out of the food and also, chewing your food this much will aide in the digestion, which is a plus.
Remember, just because it’s Superbowl Sunday 2012, doesn’t mean you have to abandon your weight loss efforts. Keep your eye on the prize, which is you getting closer to achieving your weight loss goal! Good luck and I hope your team wins! Go Team!